This Article consist of most important ” Statement and Argument Questions and Answers ” topic that are mostly asked in all competitive exams. We collected these questions from the students who appeared in exams. Now try to solve these questions.
Statement and Argument Questions and Answers
Direction to Solve : Each question given below consists of a statement, followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments is a ‘strong’ argument and which is a ‘weak’ argument.
- (A) If only argument I is strong
- (B) If only argument II is strong
- (C) If either I or II is strong
- (D) If neither I nor II is strong and
- (E) If both I and II are strong.
Question : 1 Statement: Should India engage into a dialogue with neighboring countries to stop cross border tension?
1. Yes. This is the only way to reduce the cross border terrorism and stop loss of innocent lives.
2. No. Neighboring countries cannot be relied upon in such matters, they may still engage in subversive activities.
A. Only argument I is strong
B. Only argument II is strong
C. Either I or II is strong
D. Neither I nor II is strong
Show Answer Correct Answer : A
Clearly, peaceful settlement through mutual agreement is the best option, whatever be the issue. So, argument I holds strong. Moreover, the problem indicated in II can be curbed by constant check and vigilance. So, II seems to be vague.
Correct Answer : A